If you'd like to connect with us, our Minnesota Blogger Facebook Group is the easiest way. Hop on over to the group and introduce yourself, connect, or ask any questions!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Minnesota Blogger: Abby from Abby Talsma Blog


Hey there! My name is Abby, and I am so excited to get to share a bit about my life and blog with you. As I have only been blogging since November, I am fairly new on the scene. It all started as a way to communicate with family and friends while my husband and I spent a few months volunteering in Ecuador this past winter.

But it has become so. much. more.

Writing has allowed me to slow down the constant swirl of thoughts going on in my head. To take a closer look at how I want to live my life. With purpose. With love. With a heart geared toward serving others.



So I write about just that. Life. I don't focus solely on one area, but an array of topics weave themselves through my stories. 

Other things that hold a place in my heart are...

1   my husband. We got married last summer. Which did, in fact, bring me here to good ol' Minnesota. I'm originally an Iowa girl, have dabbled in Minnesota living since graduating college, and will call Minnesota my permanent-for-now home. 


2   traveling. The quote below pretty much sums this one up.
I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth. Then I ask myself the same question.
       -Harun Yahya


3 community. I believe that living in community is essential. While I would love for you to come over and check out what I'm writing about, even more so, I hope to get to know you in the process. Whether our communities are formed in our neighborhoods, or online, I believe they are the heart beat of life. 

So join me on...
 

5 comments:

lo @ crazy ever after said...

Good stuff. I like how you live your life.

Sarah said...

love it!

ajs {of MN} said...

i love that travel quote!

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

Hey! Glad to have you here!

Abby Talsma said...

Thanks everyone! :)