If you'd like to connect with us, our Minnesota Blogger Facebook Group is the easiest way. Hop on over to the group and introduce yourself, connect, or ask any questions!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Minnesota Blogger: Melissa from I Carry Your Heart!

hey mn bloggers! i'm melissa and i blog over at i carry your heart. i started my blog a little over two years ago and i write about life with my hubby thatcher and our 15 month old daughter azalea. i love having a place to record everything and i've even printed my pregnancy posts and azalea's first year into books for her to have when she gets older. of course the other thing i love about blogging is getting to know other bloggers - like you guys! 


i'm a marketing manager at a small software company 4 days/week and i get to stay home with my daughter 1 day/week. i'm really thankful for that!


now for the fun part...describing myself in 5 photos:

i met my hubby when i was 17 and married him when i was 22. we were one of those weirdo couples who "just knew" very early on in our relationship that we were in this for the long haul. we've been married for 5 years now (and have been together for 10!). that's over a third of my life. hard to believe!

it goes without saying that the day my daughter was born was the best day of my life! in some ways, it feels like it was just yesterday, but at the same time i wish time would slow down a little bit. makes total sense, right?


we love to travel! thatcher and i have been to countless states (and england, italy, and canada) together and we plan to show azalea as much of the world as we can!


i have a serious sweet tooth, which results in a bad habit of eating dessert pretty much every day (usually just at home, but frozen yogurt shops are dangerous amazing!). so far i've been lucky to have a pretty fast metabolism, but i know all the sweets are going to catch up with me one of these days - let's be honest, i'm not getting any younger! 


i'm a city girl through and through! i grew up in minneapolis and plan to raise my kid(s) in this city too! i adore the lakes, bike paths, great restaurants, and countless events in the summer. ok, we won't talk about the winters, but those haven't been terrible the last couple years :) 


thanks for taking the time to read my post! i hope to see you over on my blog. you can also find me on pinterest and instagram (@melissa_lea). looking forward to meeting you all at the happy hour NEXT week!



Don't forget! If you would like to be featured as a Minnesota Blogger (or have any other questions/comments), feel free to email us at minnesotabloggers@gmail.com

3 comments:

Kelly said...

GAH. Froyo is my weeeeakness too! Love the photo of your three in NYC; so sweet. Excited to meet you at HH :-)

Carolyn said...

Love this!! Let's hope the Minnesota winters continue to be easy! :)

ajs {of MN} said...

cute post!